Friday, August 28, 2009

Soapmaking Design Results

Cutting a new batch of soap is always a thrill. Will it look good? Or will it even look at all how I envisioned it would look? But cutting into the batches that we made in my recent Advanced Design class was extra exciting because I knew that there were several other soapmakers that were just as invested in the outcome as I was. And (yeah!) I'm really pleased with them. They are all different but so interesting in their own way. I could never pick a favorite. (A good sign, I think.) If you missed my last post, you can read about the class here, but now let's look at the results!

A layered soap with a wavy top
A layered bar with a wavy top


Some of the bars from the funnel swirl batch
Some bars from a funnel swirl batch


"In-the-pot" swirl
"In-the-pot" swirl


Embedded soap shapes add real interest
Embedded soap shapes add real interest

Can you pick a favorite? Feeling inspired? Which of these would YOU like to make (or buy)?

0 comments:

Post a Comment